Green Package, also known as environmental friendly package and pollution-free package, refers to the Package which is harmless to the ecological environment and human health, can be reused and recycled, and is in line with the sustainable development.
Its concept has two meanings: one is to protect the environment, the other is to save resources.The two are inseparable from each other.Among them, environmental protection is the core, and resource conservation is closely related to environmental protection, because resource conservation can reduce waste, which is actually the source of environmental protection.
From a technical point of view, the green packaging refers to the natural plant and associated minerals as raw material to develop the ecological environment and human health is harmless in pairs, is conducive to recycling, easy degradation, a kind of environmentally friendly packaging of sustainable development, that is, its packaging products from raw materials selection, product manufacturing to use and abandoned the whole life cycle, all should meet the requirements of the ecological environment protection should be green packaging materials, packaging design, and to develop the three aspects of green packaging industry and realize the green packaging.
Specifically, green packaging should have the following meanings:
1) implement packaging reduction.Green packaging in the protection, convenience, sales and other functional conditions, should be the least amount of moderate packaging.Europe and the United States and other countries will reduce packaging as the development of harmless packaging measures.
2) packaging should be easy to Reuse or Recycle.Through repeated use, or through recycling waste, the production of recycled products, incineration of heat energy, composting to improve soil and other measures to achieve the purpose of reuse.It not only does not pollute the environment, but also makes full use of resources.
3) packaging waste can degrade Degradable.In order not to form permanent waste, non-recyclable packaging waste should be decomposed and decomposed to improve the soil.All industrial countries in the world attach importance to the development and utilization of biodegradable or photodegradable packaging materials.Reduction, Reuse, Recycle and Degradable are the 3R and 1D principles that are universally recognized in the 21st century to develop green packaging.
4) packaging materials should be non-toxic and harmless to human body and organisms.Packaging materials should not contain toxic substances or the content of toxic substances should be controlled in the relevant standards.
5) during the whole life cycle of packaging products, they shall not pollute or cause public hazards to the environment.That is to say, the whole life process of packaging products from raw material collection, material processing, product manufacturing, product use, waste recycling and regeneration to final disposal shall not cause public hazards to human body and environment.
In the meaning of green packaging above, the first four points should be the requirements that green packaging must have. The last point is the ideal and highest requirements for green packaging from the perspective of system engineering based on life cycle evaluation.From the above analysis, green packaging can be defined as: green packaging is a moderate packaging that can be recycled, reused or decomposed, and does not cause public hazards to human body and environment in the whole life cycle of the product.